Sunday, January 16, 2011

Passing and beyond


A sad occurance, which is really strangely comforting.

My dear sister, in her seventies, was laid to rest yesterday in Cape May. She lived a long, wonderful life and was a sweet, funny, eccentric, lovable woman. So many friends and relatives gathered to really send her off, so to speak.

I looked at my daughter and thought of family, as the ranks of the elders get smaller every year. My neices and nephews are the new us. I think they brought a lot to the table yesterday. I hope they bring something from the table, also.

My sister would have been so pleased.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'm so sorry about your sister. You were blessed to have her for as long as you did here on earth. May Jesus comfort you with His love and the memories of your special sibling.